Friends, fans, and clients,
We have missed you and your company sooooo much! YOU are why we are here and ready to get us all feeling better and back to our best, beautiful selves.
We are taking appointments by email or call the salon at 518-512-3537. Fewer stylists will be working at any one time in the salon so please be patient while we try to schedule you.
All of us at Pixie Salon want to be very clear that we are taking your safety and ours very seriously. Many new procedures and sanitation initiatives are being implemented and we need you to review them so you’ll be ready for your appointment and know what to expect. We ask that you please read the Pixie Protection Protocol, print the PDF using the link below, and bring your signed copy with you to the salon. We’ll also have copies at the salon that can be signed when you come in for your appointment.
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Welcome back—we cannot wait to see you!
PIXIE POST COVID-19 | PROTECTION PROTOCOL
We’re so grateful for your loyalty during this unprecedented and difficult time. While we’ve been closed, we’ve been working behind the scenes to figure out how we can best meet your hair and beauty needs.
We will be taking every precaution recommended by NY State and we are committed to keeping you and our Pixie team healthy and safe. We hope to adjust and improve procedures as we get further into our reopening scenario but here’s how our express hair services will work as of June 15:
1. YOUR HEALTH - If you have an underlying health condition we ask that you wait to return to the salon. In addition, if you have been ill or around someone who has been ill, please wait 14 days to reschedule your appointment.
2. CLEAN HAIR - If you are just coming in for a cut, we ask that you come with your hair shampooed (within 3 hours of the appointment time), dried, and pulled away from your face. (In salon shampoos will just be limited to removing color from hair.)
3. CHECKING IN - Please be on time. Give us a call to check in from your vehicle when you arrive and we will let you know when to enter the building via text or phone call.
4. MASKS & HAND SANITIZER - All of our staff and clients will be required to take their temperature upon entering the building and to wear masks. We ask that you wear a mask that secures behind the ears for your services. We will offer hand sanitizer at the front desk, in the bathroom, and at each station.
5. LIMIT ITEMS & GUESTS - We ask that you kindly limit any belongings that you bring inside with you—perhaps to your phone and form of payment—rather than your handbag. We can’t allow any extra guests to accompany you including children. And no pets will be allowed in the salon at this time.
6. CHANGING/SMOCKS - Color clients will be handed a clean smock upon entering the salon and will be handed a paper bag to hold their top when they change in the bathroom. Cut clients will receive a fresh cape for their service but will not be expected to change.
7. BEVERAGES - We will not be offering any beverages at this time and ask that you please do not bring in your own so plan accordingly.
8. SOCIAL DISTANCING - We are splitting our stylists into shifts, leaving some empty stations to keep a safe distance, thereby reducing the number of people in the building at the same time.
9. BLOW-DRYING - We will be limiting blow-drying hair in the salon in order to prevent air circulating between rooms for right now.
10. RETAIL - Just let us know what you need and we’ll take it off the shelves for you and package everything up to go.
11. PAYMENT - We encourage touchless payment options. We’re happy to use a secure cc number on file for your services. If you prefer to use your cc at the register, we’ll wipe it down after swiping.
We hope that all these adjustments to your hair services will just be temporary.
OUR COLLECTIVE GOAL IS TO PROTECT EACH OTHER.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We’re so happy to have you back!
— The Pixie Salon Team